WE WANT YOU!!
FabLab Kamp-Lintfort is looking for motivated and committed Student Assistants (SHK) – German & English speaking.
Working at our FabLab provides a great opportunity to learn an array of digital design and fabrication techniques while helping the community, students, schools, and institutions supporting projects.
The FabLab is delighted to welcome SHKs to assist us in creating a team of Fabbers. We welcome people who are interested in helping others developing prototypes and making things. Applicants already having experiences with machines and/or process of digital fabrication are preferred.
You will be working in the fields of workshops and events, learning about operation and methods of fabrication with machines for modelling, programing, and prototyping in laser cutting, 3D printing, CNC routing 2D/3D CAD among others.
- Supporting workshops, projects and events, as well as organizing the lab.
- Conducting health and basic safety inductions to new users of the Fab Lab.
- Act as contact person for new Fabbers and support them in using the machines and systems.
- Helping other users to safely operate and use the range of machines and processes available in the FabLab.
- Keeping the space clean and organized.
- Developing ways to improve the Fab Lab for everyone using it.
- Support on administrative tasks.
- We offer a creative and a rewarding place to work and you are part of it.
- You can influence the development and work in the FabLab with your creativity. The FabLab Kamp-Lintfort staff will carefully train you on a variety of digital fabrication tools, processes and techniques.
- Free access (during working hours) to FabLab tools and equipment to work on your own projects.
- FabLab is also open to the discussion with interested organizations and institutions for hosting secondments and work placements offering personal and professional development opportunities.
- Earn a little extra to support your studies
What we are looking for in a person:
- Passion to push the FabLab
- Interest, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and share
- Readiness to even work on Saturday or in the evening in case of FabLab events
- Ability to work as a part of the team but also independently
- English & German speaking Enrolled student at HSRW
You got what it takes? We are looking forward to meeting you.
Get in touch by sending a short motivational letter and a list of previous experience in the above listed fields, to firstname.lastname@example.org